Understanding of "LOOK EAST"

Hanoi (Vietnam),22 may 2015
I was delighted to visit Vietnam recently for the workshop on ‘farmers organization and agriculture co-operatives’ arranged by World Bank and Ministry of Agriculture Vietnam. I participated in the workshop as a speaker and shared my experiences of linking farmers with agribusiness and put forth my thoughts on agriculture finance mechanism for the agriculture co-operatives at Vietnam. I was successful to throw light on the institutional innovation and legal & policy framework required for agriculture reforms in Vietnam.
This workshop helped me to establish global friendship & knowledge partnership with Agriculture experts from World Bank, developmental organisations and other government agencies from Washington, Columbia, France, Canada, Philippines, Vietnam etc. Vietnam is one party led communist government and celebrating 125th birth anniversary of their first President and architecture of country Uncle, Ho Chin Minh. My interaction with some communist leaders and Director General Planning uttered their willingness to Democracy since their communist government is in mesh of corruption. Sugarcane and dragon fruit growers are in distress due to decline in prices and Mekong delta farmers are facing severe drought. This region is worst affected by Climate Change phenomenon wherein sea encroached in the land up to 50 Kms.
   As it was short stay at Hanoi, capital of Vietnam. It was pleasant stay at Hilton Hanoi Opera. My vegetarian food habit not permitted to taste the Vietnamese’s food i.e. Pho (A noodle soup of beef, pork, rice, bean etc); Banh Cuon (Rolled beef cake in rice floor) and Cha ca (fish fried in garlic, onion, ginger). But I enjoyed dinner at Namaste and Khajana exclusive Indian restaurants at Hanoi. I explored the socio-economical and cultural aspects of the city by sightseeing of Old Quarter, time’s city and few buzzing streets of Hanoi wherein I found confluence of western and eastern culture. During my travel to airport I had taken overlook of the green lush farms of rice, banana, wheat etc. and floriculture market. I was puzzled to handle their currency i.e. Vietnam Dong which is devalued a lot (1 US $ =21000 VND). During my 5 hours halt at Suvarnbhumi International Airport, I practised visa on arrival at Asia’s busiest airport and enjoyed metro trip to Bangkok also experienced the magic of Siam Paragon Shopping Complex, one of Asia’s largest shopping mall. 
 It is my pleasure to share my experiences and learning from the South east Asia and my understanding of “Look East”.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twist in the tale

Limitations of Government